Tips for Building a Healthy Communication Culture at the Workplace
Communication plays vital role in building a strong team. Improving your communication skills also boosts your business.
When I used to work in television, communication between departments could be a real nightmare. There would often be lots of mistakes and tons of extra work caused by the simplest things that could easily have been prevented if communication had been taken more seriously. Here are 5 ways you can improve communication in your workplace:
- Don’t be afraid of the authentic, genuine dialogue. where you feel there is something troubling you or that something is not quite right, instead of suppressing your emotions, share it with your coworkers. Have an open communication policy in place at your workplace.
- Create a plan for communication at your workplace. Define the channels through which you want to share information, for example, notes, memos, e-mails, public chats, or face-to-face talks.
- Be careful where making statements about others, especially where you are in a position of authority.
- Learn to accept feedback with grace.
- Be an active listener. A lot of communication breakdowns happen because of this.
If you would like to discuss more ways to improve communication in your organization please schedule a demo by clicking on the “Live Demo” button.