5 Tips to Creating a More Collaborative Workplace
Working from home is all the rage, but the world is still moving forward – at some point most people will return to an office environment. As a result, it’s important for everyone to learn better ways to collaborate together.
Here are five tips to creating a more collaborative workplace.
- Use a whiteboard for real-time collaboration. A whiteboard allows discussion and collaboration, and because it’s available to everyone in the office, it promotes a sense of unity and shared focus.
- Encourage open communication. If you want a more collaborative workplace, you can’t keep your employees from talking to each other.
- Create a space for casual conversation. The best way to encourage collaboration is to create a place where people can talk — in a casual setting.
- Make a phone call a two-way conversation. There’s a fine line between a real-time conversation and a monologue. For a collaborative workplace, it’s important to have a conversation between two people where ideas can be exchanged.
- Use a two-way conversation in a meeting. This is similar to having a real-time conversation in a casual setting. You can start a meeting in a serious tone, but then you have to keep the conversation going between two people.
If you’d like to discuss more ways to help your workplace be more collaborative, please set up a live demo with our team by clicking on the “Live Demo” button.